Thursday, August 21, 2008

On Being a YouTube Partner.

As a YouTube partner, you're entitled to a certain percentage of the revenue that YouTube/Google earns by placing advertisements on videos that you choose to monetize. It's been a long process, figuring out how the whole thing works and when I might be getting paid or how much, etc.. but upon signing into Adsense today, I was greeted by this message:

You are scheduled to be sent a payment by the 30th of this month. If you're receiving a standard delivery check, please allow up to 4 weeks for delivery, depending on your location. If you're using EFT or secured express delivery, your payment should arrive by the 5th of next month.

It's honestly about time. I'm pretty excited to be receiving money for doing something I was going to do anyway. It makes being on YouTube slightly less lame-sounding to people who aren't a part of the community. They will snicker about my being on YouTube, but when I tell them how much money I've made, they sort of change their tune. How much, you ask? Here's what Google tells me:

Balance at end of July $380.92

For making videos on the internet. Someone somewhere likes me enough.

5 comments:

Claudia said...

That's awesome!

cpckrock said...

I'm sort of jealous.

MaddoxHardcore said...

Whatever...i've made $8, you can't touch me homie

Tina With An Exclamation Point said...

money money!

Jase said...

I hope you buy a ticket to nowhere but here.