Tuesday, August 19, 2008

If you want to sing out, sing out.

This is a song that I first heard while watching the film, Harold and Maude. It's a touching and enlightening film about a lonely young outcast who meets an outlandish older woman and delevops a unique romantic relationship. I immediately fell in love with the characters and plot, and certainly Cat Stevens' musical input lended a timeless air to the whole production. This song was at the helm and after scouring Stevens' musical catalogue, realized it had never been released on an album. I continued my search for some time and to my delight, I found the track on a "Best of" compilation and I haven't stopped listening to or loving it since. Here, I decided to lend homage to the track with a barebones acoustic cover. Hope you enjoy:


No comments: